Image Map

Friday, March 30, 2012

Glass Etching at Home

I have always loved the look of etched glass but I always thought you had to buy the glass after it had already been etched. Much to my delight, I was very wrong! :)

I am a big believer in finding some beautiful pieces at thrift shops and dollar stores and I think those places would be a great start to this project. You can find a really beautiful cake stand, a vase, some candle holders, or I bet it would even work on a cool mirror that you can find!

This tutorial from Make It and Love It will show you how to create your own etched glass on whatever glass item you can find!


I just love that you can customize so many different things to fit the style and decor of your home. Now I just have to find out what to create!

If you decide to try this awesome project I would love to see it! I think I may even feature some of them them in a follow up post! You can send photos of your projects to my email on the Contact Page of my blog.

Have fun!

 photo TheWellCraftedHome_zps26a4d5c3.png

1 comment:

Thank you so much for responding to my post! I would love to hear your feedback!